Purdue University was rocked by the Tuesday, January 21st shooting of a student by another student. Cody Cousins, a 23-year-old student, walked into a full classroom and opened fire on 21-year-old Andrew Boldt.
After doing so, Mr. Cousins walked outside and gave himself up to police. His actions were obviously premeditated.
For some reason, Cody Cousins felt it necessary to take the life of a 21-year-old who, according to his Linkedin profile, showed a lot of promise:
• Proficient in: Assembly, C, MATLAB, Simulink, Glyphworks, Networking, & Data Collection
• Expert in computer and electronic troubleshooting
• Expert in reading and deciphering programming code
• Ability to use all electrical and electronic test and build equipment
• Ability to learn new concepts extremely easily
In other words, Andrew Boldt was poised to land a good position in a startup, or start his own tech company. His profile also indicated a keen interest in robotics.
Instead, the Senior TA, Andrew Boldt, is dead.