Cartoon Network Enterprises, the licensing and merchandising arm of the television network, today unveiled plans for the 2013 Adventure Time ConQuest, which will take place during Comic-Con International: San Diego.
The epic quest will send fans of the popular Cartoon Network animated series on a treasure-filled journey throughout the San Diego Convention Center and surrounding areas, while they attempt to save Princess Bubblegum, Lumpy Space Princess, Hot Dog Princess and many others from the obsessive clutches of Ice King. Save the princesses and capture the Ice King, and victors of the search will be handsomely rewarded with a limited-edition keepsake that will only be given to those brave enough to embark on the challenge.
To participate in the Adventure Time ConQuest, fans must visit any of the 14 participating partner booths and locations listed below or head to the Cartoon Network booth (#3735) and look for signage to begin their journey. Along the way, they’ll also receive incentives, premiums and rebates for some of their favorite Adventure Time products featured throughout the con. Participating partners in this year’s ConQuest include:
– Abrams (Booth #1216) will have a limited-quantity of its upcoming book, Adventure Time Encyclopaedia, available for sale at its booth, as well as an all-new 2014 calendar featuring title card art from the series.
– Boom! Studios/KaBOOM! (Booth #2235) will feature the latest issues of its top-selling Adventure Time comic book series and related mini-series!
– D3Publisher (ShifyLook Freeplay Arcade at Hilton Gaslamp Quarter) will treat fans to the first-ever, hands-on demo of this fall’s upcoming video game, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, the brand’s first-ever multiplayer console release, available this fall.
– Entertainment Earth (Booth #2343) will offer a great Adventure Time Tin Tote Gift Set Convention Exclusive that includes a colorful metal tin tote, a 16-ounce themed travel mug, and a set of four coasters that will take you to the Land of Ooo.
– Funko (Booth #5343) will feature its collection of must-have Adventure Time POP! vinyl figures.
– Hallmark (Booth #2913H) will display its all-new Finn & Jake commemorative Keepsake Ornament, available this holiday season, as well as cards.
– Huckleberry (Booth #3449) will preview its unique, all-new Adventure Time Chara-Cover phone cases for the first time during Comic-Con, with the products available for sale later this year.
– Jazwares (Entertainment Earth Booth #2343) will feature its Adventure Time Lady Rainicorn and the Pups feature plush Convention Exclusive at the Entertainment Earth booth.
– Mimoco (Booths #5338 & #2913M) will feature its full line of Adventure Time x MIMOBOT USB flash drives, including this year’s Comic-Con exclusive, Ice King (LTD.ED. of 850!) and the brand new Marceline, alongside Finn and Jake.
– Penguin Group (Booth #1028) will showcase its line of MAD LIBS®, activity books, journals and much more based on Adventure Time, and will be giving away free buttons, while supplies last!
– Poketo (Booth #5050) will launch a new collection of artist-inspired wallets featuring Adventure Time characters and worlds from the series.
– Rubie’s Costume Company (Booth #3649) will display its line of Adventure Time costumes – for fans of ALL ages, available this Halloween – and great for cosplay!
– USAopoly (Booth #721) will showcase The Land of Ooo with iconic MONOPOLY® and MEMORY® CHALLENGE Adventure Time games. Both games are available at retailers such as Comics-N-Stuff, Toynk, FYE and Barnes & Noble.
– WeLoveFine (Booth #5647) will offer up a wide assortment of its fan-favorite Adventure Time apparel, including several exclusive designs on t-shirts and fashion leggings.
All Adventure Time fans are encouraged to participate in the quest and claim their reward, which will be available for a limited time while supplies last each day.
Additionally, on Friday, July 19 Cartoon Network will host an Adventure Time panel in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront featuring the series’ cast and crew dishing on behind-the-scenes secrets, probably giving away some spoilers, and answering fans’ burning questions. The panel, which will be from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. is scheduled to include series creator Pendleton Ward (Lumpy Space Princess), Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), Tom Kenny (Ice King), Olivia Olson (Marceline), Kent Osborne (Head of Story) and Adam Muto (Supervising Producer). Fans can also check out the Cartoon Network booth on the convention floor to get an inside look at the Ice King’s lair, grab some exclusive giveaways and much more.